9.04.2013

What to Wear Instead of Yoga Pants

Most of us have done it. In fact, I'm completely guilty. It's part "convenience" and part "practicality," or at least that's what I tell myself when I reach for my Yoga pants. "I mean, who's going to see me, right?" Working from home for me means that I can go almost an entire day without seeing anyone... almost. It's a trap! Yoga pants are a trap.

Yoga pants for me are usually accompanied by no makeup and a ponytail and as comfy as they are to lounge around in, they usually leave me uninspired and less productive. Seriously, I don't even want to go do Yoga in them. Not to mention that almost part, which means I inevitable need to run out for something looking like I don't care about life. That's the worst part. So, when I'm feeling a little lazy I have some go-to looks that make me feel put together and make polishing up easier. Here are five pick-me-ups I visit to avoid the Yoga Pant route.

1. The Black Skinny Jean: These are my savior and I rarely reach for any other wash (color). They just look so good with everything that it's hard to mess it up. The Zara basics are my favorite.



2.  Red Lips: The thing with red lips is that no heavy eye makeup is required and you can get away with a tinted moisturizer. They also will quickly spruce up black jeans and a v-neck tee.



3. Mascara : If nothing else, woman, curl and coat those lashes once. It will make you look more awake while you're waiting for your Starbucks to kick in.


4. A Messy Ballerina Bun: This is my jimmy jam on rushed days because it's so simple. Hair tie, Tease bobby pins and you're DONE.Think A la Carrie Bradshaw. You can always do the Sock Bun, too.



5. The Maxi/Midi dress: Great paired with a jean or leather jacket on cooler days and you don't have to think about a shirt and pant combo.


These 5 go-to low effort tricks have saved me some awkward run ins with friends and, ehem.. others. Why is it that we always see people when we look our worst? Well friend, take a minute to pull yourself together and you won't have to dodge encounters or feel ashamed any longer.

But by all means, if you're actually going to Yoga class wear your Yoga pants. You've earned them and a burger... and a shameless plug to my friends new fitness and nutrition blog earntheburger.com. Go leave her some love and encouragement!



2 comments:

Thanks for leaving your comment! <3

01 09 10